Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!


Well, today is the day. Hanukkah starts at sundown and we're ready. The boys are excited, the gifts are wrapped, the menorah is polished and the candles and dreidels are standing by.


This is the menorah we have chosen for this year.  We have many different styles but this is a modern take on a traditional menorah.  It is traditional in that the candles are all lined up in a row below the shamash (helper) candle. This is a crystal menorah and it reflects light so beautifully.

Here are the gifts all wrapped and ready to go.  It is very tempting don't you think.

Here is what eight nights of gifts looks like for my boys and hubby.

These are the dreidels and game pieces I put together for my youngest son's holiday celebration.  Unfortunately, schools have become very strict on what you can send in.  No chocolate gelt due to the unhealthiness of candy, no money because it would be considered gambling, no peanuts or nuts due to allergies, and so on.  So I decided to send in the glass markers, they are used for display vases etc. but I have also seen them in Mancala games so I thought they would be alright.  We could have done buttons but they are WAY to expensive even in bulk.

So, to all of you who will be celebrating the first night, I wish you Happy Hanukkah!!  I have enjoyed some stitching time this weekend because I had finished all of my shopping and wrapping.  I'll share a finish and some goodies I received in the mail in a later post.  Happy Stitching!

22 comments:

Carol B said...

Everything looks wonderful! What a pretty menorah. Happy Hanukkah to all of you. Looking forward to seeing you on the 27th.

valerie said...

Happy Hanukkah! Enjoy the festivities.

Annie said...

You are so ready for tonight! I love it all, especially that pretty menorah. And a great idea for the school kids. I hadn't realized the difficulties that all those modern-day restrictions present.

Happy Chanukah!

Mouse said...

ohhh every thing looks so pretty :) love your menorah sparkling in the lights :) lots of beautifully wrapped presents there :) love mouse xxx

dixiesamplar said...

What a lovely menorah...I bet it sparkles like diamonds with the candles lit. God Bless and Happy Hanukkah!

Parsley said...

Happy Hanukkah! God bless you richly and deeply.

Michele said...

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family :)

Jennifer said...

I just cleaned up my menorah last night and got everything set up for tonight's candle lighting.

Happy Hanukkah to you and yours!

mdgtjulie said...

I'm not Jewish, but I know a little bit about Hanukkah. I love the tradition of lighting the candles the way you do. I think it's wonderful. Sort of like the Christian Advent Wreath. Happy Hanukkah to you, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

cucki said...

happy hanukkah to you and your family.
love cucki xx

Catherine said...

Have a wonderful evening - Happy Hanukkah!

Deborah said...

The decorations look wonderful and I am sure that all will love their gifts. Happy Hanukkah to you, DH and the boys.

Chris said...

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family Nataly. Whishing you and yours peace and joy.

Penny said...

What a lovely menorah and all of the gifts look so pretty all wrapped. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family.

Teresa said...

Happy Hanukkah. Love your gift bags for school.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carol said...

That is quite a pile of gifts there for your guys, Nataly! I wish you all a most Happy Hanukkah...

Christine said...

Happy Hanukkah

Joysze said...

Happy Hanukkah. :)

Lynn said...

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family! I can't imagine having to buy eight gifts for each of my sons. They're so difficult to buy for!
Your menorah is lovely and will be so prety when the candles are lit.

Melinda said...

Looks like you are going to have a wonderful celebration.
Enjoy this time with your family and friends!

Melinda

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

Nataly - Happy Hannukah. I love your Menorah (if I had one, I'd have one like that) and thank you for sharing your family traditions with it, it's really interesting to read about.

Melanie said...

Happy Hanukkah!!!!