Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first RAK, a finish finish, and a kitten update

The mail brought a lovely surprise today!  Jennifer from Confessions of a Serial Starter stitched this beautiful pin cushion.  FOR ME!  I was thoroughly surprised because I saw this on her blog and had no idea.  I even commented on it.  I love the colors she chose and her stitching is unbelievable.  Her husband picked out the buttons and I have to say he did a great job.  They are absolutely perfect.  Thank you Jennifer for my very first RAK! 
This was a UFO  until today.  I had stitched this back in the springtime and have been waiting to finish it into a ruler cover.  The ruler was a freebie from a store that has now closed and I stumbled upon it in my stash.  Oh the many treasures we could find in there.  Anyways,  it is a design by The Trilogy titled Tiny Trio Spring.  I stitched it on Natural Raw linen and used the over-dyed thread and DMC recommended.  I then used pearl cotton to whip stitch it together.  So happy to have finally finished it!  One less thing in the pile.
This is a pic of my Baby Kitty.  This was her response to the question "What do you think about the new kitties?"  I think she is feeling a little neglected.  On the kitten front, well there is news.  This morning after I posted that she had delivered 3 kitties, my son ran into the room and said Olivia was making strange grunting sounds.  I went in to check on her and you'll never guess what!  She had 2 more kittens.  I was floored.  Can this be?  Two labors 12 hours apart?  I immediately called the Shelter to let them know and they told me to bring them to the vet to have a look at her.  She was slightly dehydrated so they gave her fluids and lots of rest.  One of the kittens from litter 2 is not doing great so it's a wait and see situation.  They had to stay overnight!  I am so sad.  It really has been a roller coaster ride today.    Needless to say the RAK from Jennifer couldn't have come at a better time.  I really needed cheering up.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that I could send a little happiness your way.

Funny story about that pin cushion.....I was showing it to a co-worker and she thought it was for her.....her initials are "NK" too! Guess I'll be making more!

So glad you are enjoying it!

Denise said...

Oops try this again.

Hopefully your new kittens will be fine.

I saw the pin cushion on Jennifer's blog. I love the colors too. And her husband picked gorgeous buttons - mommy want!

And your ruler cover - ingenius! I would never have thought to make that.

Thank-you for your prayers for my sister. Her mood is improving and she is calming down. The dr's are thinking a c-section tomorrow or Friday. Of course, this is all up in the air.

Again thank-you - Smiles - Denise

Parsley said...

Oh, poor momma and baby kitties. :-(

Nice giftie you got. Isn't is sweet to meet such nice people in bloggin!?

Berit said...

I came over from Jennifer's--love your blog! I'm cat-starved here in a no-pets apartment so I'm always excited to see them on blogs!

The colors of that pincushion are so stunning! What I wouldn't give for some of that floss! (I'd better save some pocket money, lol!)

Anyway, great stitching; love your Valentine BBD--are those the recommended fibers? They look a bit different (could be the light or the ground fabric), but VERY nice. :)

Patty C. said...

Congrats on your RAK - Jennifer is a talented stitcher !!!!

valerie said...

Great RAK from Jennifer! Love that pincushion and what a cute ruler pocket you made.

How exciting to have kittens in the house! Sorry to hear mommy and a baby aren't doing so well. I hope they both end up ok.

DonnaTN said...

Your RAK is lovely as is the ruler cover. I hope everything works out with the mama and babies!

Annie said...

What a sweet pin cushion. You have good stitchy friends!

Love your ruler case. I'll have to remember that idea for future gifts.

Hope the cats feel better soon

Sally said...

What a lovely RAK and I love your ruler case.

I hope your kitties are doing OK.

Blog Archive